Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Royal Highland Show

The Royal Highland Show started on Thursday, but we didn't go as there was too much work.  The show overall is an agricultural fair at its roots, although it now was everything from new car sales to Grand Prix Jumping.  It is quite the event, although I didn't get to see much of it as I was kept busy cleaning up after horses. 


I can't believe how well the horses stood!  Despite all the commotion, noise, smoke, etc. they hardly twitched.  Apparently they go to a lot of contests.

The mirrors above the anvils are so that the public can see what is going on when the feet are being worked on.  I thought this was a clever idea.

In case you didn't notice in the first picture, it is very wet.  Actually, this is one of the wettest Junes on record in the UK.  The parking was horrible and many people, including Ruaraidh and myself were stranded in the muck.

No comments:

Post a Comment